Monday, October 27, 2014

Get Fit with Me



Today is the day I start my new journey towards better health. I decided to challenge myself to get back down to my pre-college weight and to do so before my 28th birthday. The challenge starts today October 27, 2014 and will end on March 27, 2015. My goal weight loss is 37.4lbs which will bring me to my goal weight of 180lbs and toned. 

Losing this weight is important to me because I've been putting off losing weight for far too long. It's also important because I have a family history of diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure and high cholesterol and the older I get, the more important it is to maintain good health. 


So What's the Challenge? 

Current Weight : 217.4lbs 
Goal Weight: 180lbs &Toned 
Start Date: October 27, 2014
End Date: March 27, 2015

I will weigh in every two weeks on the blog, but I will update my Facebook page daily with motivational tips and updates on my journey. So my next weigh in will be November 10, 2014.

How will I Accomplish the goal? 

To obtain my goal weight, I will be doing Shaun T's Focus T25 program. The program was adapted for people who want to workout in their own home and with a limited amount of time. The program is very easy and will run for three months. Today, I will be starting with the Alpha phase. Take a look at the calendar for Focus T25 Alpha here Alpha Schedule. The Alpha phase is the core of the workout and the foundation for building stamina and increasing cardio. 

The second phase of the programs is Beta. The Beta phase focuses on the core and toning the muscles. I never reached this phase so I am very excited to get to this level. Take a look at the Beta Phase here Beta Schedule.

The final phase of the program is the Gamma Phase. This phase is optional but totally worth it if pursued. The Gamma phase focuses on getting ripped. Take a look at the Gamma phase here Gamma Schedule

Since this is a five month challenge, I will be doing monthly challenges in addition to Focus T25. My first challenge will start November 1st and will be a 30 day squats challenge. Each month I will post my monthly challenges so feel free to join. 

Now that I have discussed my exercise routine... It's time to discuss the diet. I love food so the diet portion of my goal will require extreme discipline. I'm and emotional eater. I eat when I'm happy, when I sad and even when I'm bored. I like a good meal so meal prepping will be a major task for me to ensure that I am satisfied with the food I will be eating for the next five months. To get started on the right path, I spent Sunday night prepping my meals for the work week. See pictures below.



It took me about 2 hours to prep my meals for the rest of the week. I must say I truly enjoyed prepping the meals because I will not have  any distractions or excused that will take  me away from my workouts. Prepping was also truly relaxing and exciting. I will share my weekly meals to show how I create new meals and as well as get more creative in the kitchen. 

So What's the next step?
The next step is to get started! Stay encouraged and disciplined. I know that this will be a challenge but I am excited and I have faith that I will get down to my goal weight. I am looking forward to sharing this journey with my readers and I hope that my journey inspires someone out there looking o get back on track.

So Maven's have you ever challenged yourself to lose a substantial amount of weight? What did you do? Were you successful? What were your challenges and success? I would love to hear your stories and any feed back or tips you can provide. I look forward to sharing my journey and learning more about things that have helped all of you obtain better health. 

2 comments:

  1. I've been working out for most of my adult life. After giving birth to my first son I gained a lot, but lost it all after a year. I had the mindset to get it done and I did. From that, working out became a part of my life like brushing my teeth, and still is. You'll begin to love it more for the challenge.

    Much success to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope do begin to love exercising because I really want to challenge myself to get these weight off. I'm looking forward to this journey. Thank you for your support!

      Delete