Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Our Deepest Fear...


I believe our deepest fears are the ones we know we are capable of accomplishing. Truth be told, there are lots of things I thought I could never do. However, I decided that I could do anything I wanted to do because I have the grace of God. Am I afraid of something? Yes, but I am more of afraid of not trying. I’m at a point in my life where I want to make good on the goals I have set for myself and conquer the things that petrify me. I know you’re probably asking yourself… What’s going on in these pictures? Well, I'll tell you plain and simple. I conquered my one of my deepest fears! 

While on vacation, I had the opportunity to do some pretty amazing things. I had the chance to walk twenty-five feet underwater in the middle of the ocean with tropical fish and marine life. It’s called The Underwater SeaTrek. Prior to doing this, I must admit I was petrified. However, I had to be brave because I had talked my guy into doing the SeaTrek with me. I had to show no fear as I was the one that had planned the whole adventure. I had to liberate myself to make him feel comfortable with the whole experience. I can laugh about it now because it’s over but the point I want to make is that it was something that I conquered despite my fear of water. 

The whole experience was beyond amazing and was captured in photos and video. I am so happy I had the chance to walk underwater and experience something so beautiful.  Most importantly, I am happy to have enjoyed this experience with my beloved. The one thing about conquering a fear is that you actually feel liberated and free. However, the best feeling is liberating others!  I truly enjoyed this experience and I feel more liberated than ever to keep pursing new things that take me out of my comfort zone. I now know that the easiest way to conquer my fears is to just face them.

So I challenge you to do something that takes you out of your comfort zone. Something liberating and exciting. Petrifying and exhilarating. Not because you can't, but because you can! I've added one of my favorite poems below to inspire you! Take charge, be courageous and  conquer your deepest fears. 

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Marianne Williamson 

To learn more about my SeaTrek adventure click the link. Underwater SeaTrek So tell me. What's your deepest fear? What's something you want to accomplish? I would love to read your feedback. As always, I love you for reading. If you like this post, share, like or comment. 


Xoxo, 


Nakia 





2 comments:

  1. Nakia, Nakia, Nakia - you inspire me. This is fantastic - both your SeaTrek and the poignant words that go with it! I am glad we met and I look forward to your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Glenda! Thank you for your kind words! I am glad we meet also and I look forward to learning more about you too!

      Delete