Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thrifting with Groupon


Hello Mavens!

First, let me start by saying that I absolutely love Groupon! I frequently use the money saver site as a staple in finding affordable products and services. Today, while searching in the apparel section, I came across a Groupon for a Thrift Shop located in Brooklyn, New York. Buy the Bag Shop is a popular thrift store nestled in the heart of Brooklyn.  The thrift shop is owned and operated by Housing works, a nonprofit organization that provides services for the homeless and people living with HIV and AIDS. Buy the bag is Housing works’ newest addition and considered a thrift favorite in Brooklyn. 

So for a meager $15.00 bucks valued at $25.00, I get a shopping bag that I can full with jewelry, shoes and apparel. How cool is that? While supporting a great cause, I get to thrift and all proceeds will go to providing job training, healthcare and housing. I’m excited about this Groupon! Can’t wait to show you all the lovely things I find.  If you are located in the NYC area and you love to thrift check out Housing Works. Great way to give back!

I think it is absolutely fabulous that Housing Works is using Groupon to attract more business. What are your thoughts? Have you seen Groupons for thrift stores before? As always, thank you for stopping by. Be sure to share your comments.

Stay blessed,


Nakia 

No comments:

Post a Comment