Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year: DIY Vision Board

Happy New Year Mavens!



Well I decided to start the New Year off in a crafty way by reusing my 2013 calendar as my Vision/Inspiration Board for 2014. Creating my vision board was simple and lots of fun. The best part is that it was absolutely FREE to make. Since I was getting rid of my calendar, I decided to just reuse it and avoid an unnecessary trips to buy supplies.  I had a few magazines on hand a pair of scissors...so I starting cutting and this is my finished product. 

The inspiration for my Vision Board was to remember the great qualities about myself and to remind me of all the qualities I am still working on. Keep in mind that vision boards can be about whatever you want it to be and that there is no right or wrong way to create one. Just grab a couple of magazines and freestyle your design. Trust me! When you are finished you will love it! I hope you all will consider making your own vision boards to remind you of the goals, dreams or promises you have set for yourself. It is definitely a rewarding project. Check out the pictures below for the items I used and get a list of supplies to create a vision board. 




DIY Vision Board
  1. A board or something sturdy that will hang on a wall...Like a Calendar 
  2. Magazines (I used Essence Magazine, Elle, Marie Claire and O, The Oprah Magazine)
  3. Glue or double sided tape 
  4. Scissors 
If you like this post, please comment or follow me. If you decide to create your own vision board, please email me your finished creation to Favormaven@gmail.com. Please include your name and why you created your board.  I will post your board for other readers to see and be inspired. Thanks for reading.

Stay Inspired,  

Nakia


4 comments:

  1. You did a great job with your vision board! Last year, I used an old corkboard for my vision board. That way, I could remove and replace items as they were manifested. It saves money, too! This year, I still have my same corkboard, but I have some new items pinned to it.

    I wish you the best in 2014 and may all your dreams and visions come true :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I love your Idea and I will use it when creating my vision board for next year. I love to concept of replacing items once they have manifested. Saving money is always a plus! I wish you the best in 2014! Peace and Prosperity.

      Thank you again for your kind words. Stay blessed.

      Nakia

      Delete
    2. Nice vision board. I started my first one about four years ago and now I have started another one with fresh new visions. I am so excited about it! Happy New Year!

      Delete
    3. Happy New Year LV!
      Yes, vision boards are great! I think creating vision or inspiration boards are a great way to set realistic goals for yourself. My vision board is way for me to remember how far I have come and to remind myself to stay encouraged. I'm excited about the new year also! Thank you for your kind words. I hope you have blessed and prosperous year!

      Stay blessed.

      Nakia

      Delete